Bid4Assets (http://www.bid4assets.com) specializes in online auctions for distressed real estate and personal property. Government agencies as well as an extensive community of private sellers rely on Bid4Assets to connect them with buyers interested in unique personal and real property. Auctions have included everything from one-of-a-kind historic cars, luxurious estates and spectacular jewelry to the Presidential Yacht Sequoia. The privately-held company, launched in 1999, is based in Silver Spring, MD.
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Bid4Assets Inc. (www.bid4assets.com) is an online auction company headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland that specialized in liquidating real estate for the government and private sector. Bid4Assets is seeking an exceptional Director of Information Technology.
The Director of Information Technology, a position on our Executive Team, should possess a passion for building and running websites, along with the ability to look “outside the box” to solve problems and improve the customer experience. While this is a management position, Bid4Assets is a small business and needs an executive who is willing to get hands on and assist with the day to day as needed.
The ideal candidate should be resourceful and dependable, adaptable and flexible, a great communicator who works well with others and possess a high level of integrity that would reflect well upon the organization. The Director of Information Technology works closely with and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Critical required skillsets:
- effective design, development, implementation and operation of information technology products, services and support
- project management: properly planned and documented, leading a team of developers; timely delivered, and on budget
- great communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- proven record planning, acquiring, and implementing information
- ability to prepare and present status reports, proposals, and IT staff evaluations to the Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Managing the divisions’ resources, including drafting and executing its budget, developing its organizational structure;
- Research and make recommendations on hardware and software purchases and negotiate with vendors to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions;
- Provides vision, planning and coordination of all software development and/or implementation activities. Establishes standards in software development and integration;
- Manage Software Quality Assurance striving to achieve a high level of quality and independent verification of software reliability;
- Promote the use of innovative technologies and generate new ideas that will provide benefits to the organization. Lead the introduction of new technologies, including as they relate to mobile devices;
- Leads the design, specification, configuration, installation, and maintenance of local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services and Internet service providers;
- Implement an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers;
- Establish and maintain a disaster recovery plan;
- Monitor system health/availability;
- Managing an internal IT support help-desk.
Qualifications and requirements
- At least 5 years of experience running an IT department
- A bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent;
- A moderate to high level of proficiency in ASP.NET
- Experience managing an IT budget, including vendor selection and price negotiation
- Experience managing IT employees and/or contractors, including developers, database administrators, systems administrators, network administrators and project managers
- Systems administration experience preferred, including the ability to support office infrastructure, such as Windows OS and other software, basic hardware and server infrastructure, firmware/hardware updates, and Microsoft Azure IaaS
- Network administration experience preferred, including an understanding of security and encryption best practices, network configuration and management and VOIP systems
- Experience working on SQL server databases, on RFPs, or in real estate or online auctions are not required, but will be considered a plus
Bid4Assets offers a casual work environment, competitive compensation and benefits and excellent opportunities for career development. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and be willing to take criminal/financial background checks. Bid4Assets is an equal opportunity employer.
Serious candidates should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to [email protected]